Bon Vivant is a boutique curated gift box company based in Austin, TX. We offer our gift boxes for sale online only – no storefront. We hand-deliver our gift boxes in central Austin, and ship everywhere else nationwide. We are growing and currently looking for a part-time intern who can commit to 20-30 hours per week on hourly contract/1099 basis.
· Dependable form of transportation and cell phone
· Ability to commit to at least 20-30 hours per week, though those hours can fluctuate and we are flexible on availability
· Experience working in retail or similar industry is strongly preferred
· Ability to lift 10-15 lbs
· Enthusiastic can-do attitude and strong interest in working for a small company
· Order fulfillment – a large portion of this job will include processing and fulfilling orders. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Packing up boxes and adding products
o Hand-writing cards and addressing envelopes
o Entering & printing shipping labels
o Wrapping boxes with ribbon, tags and decorative flower bundles
o Coordinating with FedEx for pick-up (scheduling)
o Occasionally corresponding with customers/clients regarding their orders
o Tracking inventory 1-2x per week
o Assisting with reordering product
o Assisting with unpacking inventory and organizing
o Breaking down cardboard boxes
o Updating inventory on website/making sure it is accurate
o Documenting and throwing away damaged/perished items
· Assisting with events/pop-ups
o This may include physically working during an event or pop-up. You will have ample notice on these as they will typically be on evenings/weekends but they are rare
o Set up/take down, etc.
· Studio Organization
o Making sure the studio is set up as efficiently as possible and as organized as possible
o Cleaning/tidying up at the end of the day
· Social Media
o Assisting with photo shoots for social media + website
o Assisting with styling boxes for photo shoots and new curated box ideas
o Other miscellaneous duties (i.e. ordering office supplies, picking up order or meeting with local vendors to pick up orders, assisting with local deliveries & FedEx drop-offs – you will be reimbursed for gas)
o Assisting with making dried flower bundles
o Assisting with selection/buying process for new brands – this includes getting to try lots of products and goodies!
Our current studio is located off of S. Congress & Oltorf area. We will be moving to a new TBD location in late September 2017, which will also likely be in the south part of Austin. Given traffic in Austin, it is highly desired that the candidate live in the downtown/central or within a 5 mile radius of downtown Austin.
· We are offering a 1099/contract position that will average 20-30 hours per week
· We prefer the candidate is available Mon-Fri in afternoon hours (12-4pm), but we are flexible on the days/times
· Hourly pay is $11 per hour plus mileage reimbursement when applicable. Mileage reimbursement is $0.53/mile. You will also receive bonus pay for events/pop-ups/corporate orders/holidays, etc.
· You will be paid weekly and direct deposit is strongly preferred
· If you have interest in photography, styling, retail industry/buying, floral design and being in a creative environment, this is a great opportunity for you!
· We do not require uniforms and dress is casual & comfortable
· We LOVE to have fun! Often times, you’ll be working very closely with the Founder/Owner. This is a great opportunity for mentorship.
If all of this appeals to you, we would love to hear from you! We will be conducting initial phone interviews, with in-person interviews to follow. Our timeline is to get someone hired as soon as possible, but we are more interested in finding the best possible fit! You can copy/paste your resume in the box below, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your resume, please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you’re interested in the position. We look forward to speaking with you!